[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Sat Feb 1 17:31:32 CST 2003

On Saturday 01 February 2003 04:18 pm, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> --- ed at the7thbeer.com wrote:
> > Got me to wondering if maybe the computer(s) screwed up and the bird
> > came in too hot.  Not that computers ever make mistakes, but poorly
> > coded software will.  And what an amazing way to sabotage something
> > as complex as the shuttle.  Change a decimal place in some code,
> > wait till it gets loaded and let it do the rest.
>
> Two words - triple redundant

And what I'm surprised no one here has mused over yet -- wasn't there a review
of the Shuttle code sometime in the early 90's that found tons of potentially
serious bugs in the flight software?  What if yet another one wasn't found
and contributed?

No, I personally can't throw out the idea that the AOA was off and that it
could somehow be computer-related.

-E.