[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

ed at the7thbeer.com ed at the7thbeer.com
Sat Feb 1 15:08:11 CST 2003

Starting to sound like something entirely other than an explosion or
explosive decompression.  The NASA geeks are discussing telemetry spanning
5-7 whole minutes where readings went off-scale low - first in control
surface temp sensors, then tire pressure sensors, then in embedded temp
sensors.

Got me to wondering if maybe the computer(s) screwed up and the bird came
in too hot.  Not that computers ever make mistakes, but poorly coded
software will.  And what an amazing way to sabotage something as complex
as the shuttle.  Change a decimal place in some code, wait till it gets
loaded and let it do the rest.