[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Feb 1 13:44:03 CST 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> > 3) Colombia is the oldest shuttle (Challenger was, until it went).
>
> Columbia was the first shuttle, I ever heard about.  I thought the
> Challenger was #2.

Not to pick at nits, but if I remember my shuttle literature right (the
press pack contains a flip-notebook of every mission), Enterprise came
first, but was merely an aerodynamic model. Then Challenger, as another
model. Finally, Columbia was build from the ground up as a shuttle, and
Challenger was then converted into a regular shuttle.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"