[rescue] Looking for SunOS 4.0.3c media.

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:23 CST 2003

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 12:02 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2003, at 12:59 PM, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
>> Also, anybody ever hear of the SOX sound exchange utility?
>
>   I've seen it...it's been around for years...

I used it to convert wav files to au files for Sun bootup noises on
boxes in the closet.

When they get to a certain runlevel they do a "cat
startup.au>/dev/audio" to let people know they're almost finished.

I even had one make a flushing noise just to freak an outside vendor
rep one day.  ;-)

Mike Hebel