[rescue] RE: Happy Holidays

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sat Dec 20 18:09:05 CST 2003

William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu> wrote:
>> 1) happy holidays
>> 2) don't Nog and root
> Good advice, especially in these days of telecommuting and home servers...
> :7)

Oh, I dunno. This is a fairly pleasant CabSauv[1], and I've become root
several times this evening so I can dial in[0] and fetch news. :)

I think "no rooting when you can't focus" is still good advice though.
(Unless you're Australian, which makes it obligatory, I suspect.)

[0] Yes, I have ADSL. You really don't want to ask awkward questions about
    the routing hacks and even stranger news configuration...

[1] "Kingston" Cabernet Sauvignon 2002, from SE Australia. #3.99 from
    Farsley Co-op, not usually known for good value.

--
Weirdness is ... when you get mail from a guy called Dick Girth, complaining
about penis enlargement spam.