[rescue] Xsgi and Xinerama

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Sat Dec 20 18:08:55 CST 2003

Hello everyone,

 I've got an R10k @ 175MHz Indigo2 with dual-SolidIMPACT config running
IRIX 6.5.19f on using SGI's Xinerama extensions.

 OpenGL and SDL applications are having fits.. I suspect it has something
to do with their Xinerama implementation (or lack thereof compared to the
XFree86 version)... I've hacked my /usr/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers line, I'm
running at 24-bit... It just seems that Xinerama doesn't want to play nice
(but I LIKE Xinerama, and I like having one desktop span both my 19" SGI
monitors).

 So, out of frustration, I am wondering if anyone here running IRIX
6.5.20, or 6.5.21 (6.5.22 if it is out yet), with similar graphics
hardware (is there one Xsgi server for all IMPACT-class boards?), can
possibly send me a copy of their Xsgi binary, so I can try and graft that
into my system to see if maybe 6.5.19 is just plain quirky. (Not expecting
a miracle, but figured I'd give it a shot). Other suggestions are also
welcome.

 /usr/gfx/gfxinfo yields the following:

Graphics board 0 is "IMPACTPC" graphics.
        Managed (":0.0") 1280x1024
        Product ID 0x1, 1 GE, 1 RE, 0 TRAMs
        MGRAS revision 1, RA revision 0
        HQ rev A, GE11 rev B, RE4 rev A, PP1 rev A,
        VC3 rev A, CMAP rev EMC rev D
        19" monitor (id 0x1)

        Channel 0:
         Origin = (0,0)
         Video Output: 1280 pixels, 1024 lines, 72.24Hz (1280x1024_72)
Graphics board 1 is "IMPACTPC" graphics.
        Managed (":0.1") 1280x1024
        Product ID 0x1, 1 GE, 1 RE, 0 TRAMs
        MGRAS revision 1, RA revision 0
        HQ rev A, GE11 rev B, RE4 rev A, PP1 rev A,
        VC3 rev A, CMAP rev EMC rev D
        unknown, assuming 19" monitor (id 0xd)

        Channel 0:
         Origin = (0,0)
         Video Output: 1280 pixels, 1024 lines, 60.00Hz (1280x1024_60)

 Thanks.

---
 Matthew Haas
 Corning/Geneseo, NY