[rescue] For those of you looking for portmaster terminal servers...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Aug 30 17:05:45 CDT 2003

Also with these... if you have a need for 30 ports... you can take
two 20 port units and make a 10 porter and 30 porter.  The first
10 ports are on the mainboard, the second two are expension cards
and are identical.... as I recall you change jumpers or dip switches
to tell it which card it is (#2 or #3).

Also, if you ever have a 30 porter die and find the dedicated 10 port
model, the mainboard is the same (as I recall... it has been a while
since I've been inside one).

Also, the network cards fail in these from time to time (rare, but I've
seen it once or twice now), and you can actually swap them from another
unit.

What is more of a curious beast is the PM-11 !  has an internal floppy
with a diskette in it and boots ComOS from there.... it's an
interesting creation.

-- Curt