[rescue] analog routers...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 07:11:51 CDT 2003

--- Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 09:52:32AM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:
>
> > > Aside from needing graphics for an install, the PC and Sun box
> have the
> > > same limitations...
> >
> > Well, neither needs graphics for most UNIX-oriented installs.
>
> The PC needs graphics...
>
> If you guys are talking about not needing the card to go into
> graphics mode, fine... but you still have to have a graphics card.

I was equating graphics with local framebuffer/video card driven
console, and I was commenting on PCs and SUn boxes being just as
vulnerable to all the problems listed, with the one differentiator
being that PCs require local (non-serial) consoles for OS installs, for
all OS/BIOS combinations I am aware of...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall