[rescue] Creator 3D Series 3 Performance

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Aug 25 05:51:37 CDT 2003

On Sunday 24 August 2003 23:56, Aaron Finley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got an Creator 3D Series 3 for my Sun Ultra 80, and have heard some
> things about its dismal performance at 1920x1200, the resolution I will
> need to run it at to do justice to the 24" monitor. Does anyone have any
> experience with this, and I'm wondering if I can afford to wait a month or
> so before buying an Expert3D, or is the Creator's performance so bad that I
> should try and get an Expert3D immediately?

Where did you get it? I am looking for a decent framebuffer, that is, if they
don't wost too much ;-)

My ultra5 currently has an 8 bit framebuffer which is quit slow. I don't know
if a 270 MHz is beefy enough to watch movies divx, mpeg,...[1]) but I guess I
need one that supports hardware scaling. I have no idea what all these Sun
framebuffers are capable of.

[1] Someone I know played those on a 200 MHz Amd-K6, wasn't exactly fluently

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be