Noise and Hearing (was Re: [rescue] Re: Throw anotherpacketon the server...)

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Aug 24 22:43:28 CDT 2003

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> "What rider?" says Edgeware.  "The one who just left here?"
>
> He'd been and gone.  He'd *AVERAGED over 100mph* from Stevenage through
> Hatfield to Edgeware and back to Hatfield, *including* his stop at
> Edgeware.
>
> (Yes, they saved the girl.)

And people call my friend's father crazy for doing 120MPH up a mountain
(hill to those of you near real mountains) to get to the scene of a
drowning. The deputy was sleeping and didn't hear the call and tailed him
all the way up. Said it was funny how his response went from "Don't Move!"
to "What can I do to help?"

Sometimes, seconds do matter.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'