[rescue] analog routers...

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sun Aug 24 14:22:18 CDT 2003

>From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com>
>
>--- Robert Novak <rnovak at indyramp.com> wrote:
>
>> Wonder if anyone's used sunPCi as a router in an existing Sun
>> machine.
>
>What a wonderful idea - it should be investigated...
>
>Off the top of my head, with an MS/Win OS installed, Internet Conection
>Sharing *should* work - do any of the Sun PCi cards have their own
>ethernet connections?

I do not believe so... although I can only speak about the original
SunPCi cards... I don't know about the SunPCi II cards.

>I wonder how fast the serial ports on a SPARCplug are?

I'd imagine same spec as an ss10/20....  I have a dual SPARCplug
setup in a 19" rack mount enclosure (with a HS180 in each)....

It's for sale if anyone is interested...

>A Tadpole SPARCbook could work with a 56K modem of plain-enogh
>design...

Sparcstation voyager..... small and with a built in "monitor" :-)

-- Curt