[rescue] analog routers...

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Aug 24 03:20:03 CDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 01:19:58AM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> For the Sun go with a sbus-pcmcia adapter and use a pcmcia modem.
>
> I haven't done so, but I've heard that this is a good way to do
> this from people.

I tried that route, but was unable to find anyone who had actually made it
work.  Lot's of people talked about it though.

Another option was a PCMCIA high-speed serial card.

I run NetBSD, and it would have to support that.

> The sbus pcmcia adapters used to go for around $25 or so on ebay
> (they may be less now ?), and pcmcia modems are pretty cheap on the
> used market (and some people just have them hanging around).

I actually tossed a PCMCIA adapter with some stuff I sold some time ago
(years?) because I had no use for it...

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com