Noise and Hearing (was Re: [rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...)

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 24 07:05:33 CDT 2003

>See above re: long trips. I rode from Baltimore to New Orleans in 2
>13-hour stretches with one overnight stop along the way. That was 12
>years ago, though. I'm old now and don't think I could do it again. It
>was on a Triumph Bonneville 650, with the pistons running in parallel
>(like a single-cyl thumper with two cylinders), and even between the
>long ride, excessive noise, and massive serious vibration, I didn't
>really suffer any fatigue problems. Like I said, though, I was 24 at
>the time, and won't be trying it again.
>
>---sambo

Last year I rode in a local club ride called the Rusty Nuts Grand
Challenge. They hold it every year and the objective is to complete a 1000
mile course in under 24 hours. It isn't a race and time aren't kept - it is
just a test of endurance. I completed it on a Suzuki TU250 (a two valve air
cooled single) but another guy completed it on a Honda RG50! More info on
the club at http://www.rustynuts.org.nz/

<obrescue>Does anyone have a Sun Exx00 preset CPU torque screwdriver that
they no longer need? Please contact me off-list if you have one for sale or
trade.

Regards,

Gavin