Noise and Hearing (was Re: [rescue] Re: Throw anotherpacket on the server...)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Aug 23 23:27:02 CDT 2003

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 12:09:14AM -0400, Larry Snyder wrote:
> sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:
> >  It
> > was on a Triumph Bonneville 650, with the pistons running in parallel
> > (like a single-cyl thumper with two cylinders),
>
> Triumphs are awesome bikes.  I retired a 72 Trident ~15 years ago.
> I didn't realize the Bonnie's were parallel.  That _could_ tend
> to wear on the ole butt.

All the big Triumphs were parallel twins, except of course for the
Trident.  They didn't normally run in "thumper" mode though.  There was
a volunteer group I rode with back in England that had all Triumphs and
Nortons, mostly ex-police bikes ...  a couple of Triumph Saint 750s,
several Norton Commandos (two 750s and an 850), a 750 and a 650
Bonneville, and a Trident.  We carried emergency medical supplies
between hospitals in about a 50-mile radius.  The bikes still had their
two-way radios and their lights and sirens, and we had authorization to
use them.