[rescue] U60 processor replacement??

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 23 20:48:00 CDT 2003

--- stephen price <sd_price at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has tried to put 400mhz
> processors in a U60.  I happen to have a couple of
> 595-4885 (2mb cache - out of a e250), and was
> wondering if they'd work to replace some 300mhz proc
> in a U60???

No exp., but I can't find the part number at sun...

Did find this page:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/CPU_Module/UltraSPARC_400MHz_UltraII.html

which lists the 400 MHz CPUs that do work in the e250 and/or U60 (as
well as other machines)...

(I got 2x 360 MHz, 4 MB cache COUs for my e250, but I haven't installed
them yet...)

Hope this helps...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall