Noise and Hearing (was Re: [rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...)

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Fri Aug 22 19:31:31 CDT 2003

CONTEXT: NOISE AND HEARING LOSS.

jjacocks at mac.com said:
> I'm not sure what can be done about this, though.

Get fitted for hearing protection.  This does not mean going to K-Mart and
buying the foam throw-away plugs.  Find someone who can sustom mold plugs
for you.

FWIW, I spent almost 10 years as an Artillery Officer in the US Army, and
for a not-small amount of that time, I was a competition pistol shooter.  I
have molded plugs (made at my own expense), and when inserted, I can hear
NOTHING.  I can still FEEL some noise though.... 8-)

> C'est la vie, I
> suppose.

No.

Take care of your hearing.  Once lost, it cannot normally be restored.  I
live with tinitius (minor). I do NOT want any more, so I am careful.

AL