FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Aug 22 19:36:47 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 20:17, Gavin Hubbard wrote:
> >> What about 100Base-FX?
> >
> >   Does anyone actually *use* that?

We put in a 100baseFX link that connects two buildings that are about a
quarter mile apart.  There was existing conduit that the fiber was
pulled through.  This was done early this year.  One end plugs into a HP
ProCurve 4108GL switch, and the other via transceiver into some Dell
switch.  (gotta deal on 'em when we bought a quad xeon around the same
time).  It's pretty much perfect for what we're doing with it.  It
normally doesn't see over 1% usage though :)

	-Dan Sikorski