[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Aug 22 11:03:57 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 11:39:02AM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 09:58 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> >I can hear my Octane from any location in my apartment, unless that
> >location has other noise (ie. I can hear it in the bathroom, but not
> >when the shower is running, and I can hear it in the kitchen, but
> >sometimes noise from the stove drowns it out).  I don't so much wish it
> >was quieter as I wish I had a proper machine room to put it in.
>   The Octane is a *workstation* though, man...

My MDD dual-G4 was audible from the other side of the house too (high-pitched
whine), until I got the Apple retrofit kit (new PS + new CPU fan).

Well worth the $20, and they let me keep the old parts (in case the new ones
die or something).

Doc Shipley heard it before and after, and he was amazed.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net