[rescue] Re: SGI Onyx4 - uses ATI graphics chips (sigh)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 07:59:53 CDT 2003

> On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 07:56 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> > "That last statement really stood out when I read it - if "the
> > human eye "could not resolve" it, then what is the point of
imaging?

> > i was thinking of such things as ir aerial plant/soil fertility
> > photography, where the color of the image carries a lot of
> > information about the fields thus surveyed.

Well, I believe I conceded the point about storing the detail for
off-line processing, but my statement still stands, what is the point
of producing a system to (display) greater detail than the human eye
can resolve? Are you entertaining aliens with higher resolution optical
sesnses? ;^)

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall