[rescue] Suns and PCI ethernet cards

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Aug 22 00:43:38 CDT 2003

I can't seem to find it, but someone out on the net has drivers
for a few different nics that they have written for Solaris.  Mostly
for tulip and later tulip derivatives.

As Sun has drivers for x86, I don't understand why they didn't bother
to port them over to sparc ??? (probably because people wouldn't then
buy their hme PCI card :-) ).

I don't know if there is any 3rd part PCI ethernet card compatable with
Sun's hme drivers.

-- Curt