FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 18:50:43 CDT 2003

Shirker <shirker at mooli.org.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Peter Corlett wrote:
[...]
>> Blimey, still just the one room? ;)
> Probably not, if I get any more VAXen ;)

Mine appear to be creeping into another room, but hopefully this will be
curtailed when I get a tenant into the spare room that the computers are
currently infesting.

>> I keep finding computers I'd forgotten I had. It's just a shame that none
>> of them are particularly exciting.
> You want to put that CDTV in colo, and you know you do. Get it sorted :)

The CDTV has a 7.09MHz 68000 processor (i.e. no MMU), Kickstart 1.3 (so no
chance of getting AmiTCP running) and no networking hardware.

The chances of it even responding to a network, never mind being actually
useful if connected to one, are approximately zero. So I rather suspect that
this is not going to happen.

OTOH, I'm considering using an A1200 (i.e. bog standard 14MHz 68EC020 with
2MB of RAM and no hard disk) as a nameserver. It just requires me to get
round to porting BIND to AmigaOS...

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key