[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Aug 21 18:29:06 CDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 11:12 AM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> The Pismo was wonderfully usable for texty things and software
> development (even in Apple's Project Center).  It was great for
> snarfing
> USENET or browsing the web.  Instant messaging didn't bog it down.
> It's
> great for everything I used it for, aside from playing DVDs.  It sucks
> for playing DVDs, but there's supposedly an accelerator card that makes
> that usable under OS 9, but not OS X.

It wasn't quite that bad for DVD's, but maybe I am jaded from
the generally crappy graphics you see in most laptops (it wasn't
until the T20 series with IBM, and two revs after the Toshiba
8000 that either of these lines had more that 4MB video ram...
wtf?).  Though, even with a good battery, I couldn't get a full
movie out of the Pismo on just one (about 15 min short) battery.

=Nadine=