[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Aug 21 11:57:18 CDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Os X is *VERY* impressive if you have a good video card. It's not going to
> appeal on older systems however :)

Why not?  I ran it on a Pismo for the last year and loved it.  That's
typically with X11, a dozen rxvts, Safari or Camino, iTunes, and Yahoo
Messenger all open with me writing software.

The specs on the system were:  G3/400, 512MB memory, 40GB disc,
bog-standard ATI Rage Mobility video.

> (I am still wondering how Linux would perform on the average G3...)

Quite well, from what I've heard.  It's also possible to run MacOS 9
inside of MOL on Linux, and possibly MacOS X inside of MOL on Linux.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford