[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 21 08:19:30 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:38:23 +0200
Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2003 20:35, Mike F wrote:
>
> > I don't know about websites, but the web interface on my el-cheapo
> > CompUSA 802.11b AP/router/switch only works right with IE or with
> > Opera set with IE as the browser version. It's got a telnet
> > interface too, but most of the options are web-only ;-[ I was
> > pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to configure the thing with
> > Mozilla, with no luck. Then I decided it couldn't hurt to try it
> > with my lone Windows box as a last resort, and it worked. Knowing
> > that, I tried it out with Opera, and it worked fine there too.
>
> Is that thing secondhand or did you bring it back? That's one piece of
> equipment that wouldn't remain between these 4 walls for long...

The Windoze box? Well, that machine is the only one in the house with
a CD burner, and it does dual-boot with Linux, but honestly sometimes
it's easier to just have a Windows box around for when the wife wants
to do some web surfing or word processing; she has no problem using
the Octane for the same uses, but I have to be around to answer IRIX
questions :)