[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 21 07:35:10 CDT 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I can just picture the scene now,
>
> A couple, lying in bed, the woman turns to the man...
>
> Woman: "Honey, could you throw another SETI packet on the server, it's
> cold in here."
>
> Man: "No problem, dear"

Nah, just use an SGI anything for example an octane, turn it on and just
let it sit there doing nothing but display the login prompt, leave your
room let a few minutes pass, go back into your room and feel the warmth.

I have an octane in my room, and all I can say is Jesus H Tapdancing
Christ it is not only loud as hell, but I can heat a hole house with it! I
had to use it the past week and the room was unbearable even with open
windows and fans running...