[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Aug 21 03:48:04 CDT 2003

On 2003.08.20 23:44 Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> > Well. A complete RS/6000 B50 wastes less power then a current
> > PeeCee CPU alone. (around 50 W)
> I'm not compatible with AIX, and that's a fact.
I can understand that. ;-)
Linux runs on the B50 and I am on the way porting NetBSD to it.
(At least I will try. I don't know how different the OpenFirmWare
interface of CHRP machines is compared to PReP and macppc machines. And
I still have trouble with the Port to the Motorola PowerStack II. An
other nice 300 MHz PPC machine with very small power consumption.)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen