[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Thu Aug 21 01:31:22 CDT 2003

Andrew Weiss wrote:

> > Well, I should have said that I have tried it, and it was a somewhat
> > painstaking experience.
> > Not that the iMac is slow in graphics, it's just that it took that
> > little critter like forever to start up applications and actually try
> > to USE it.
>
> I should ask.... did you install the OS clean?  did you install it
> yourself?... did you choose UFS for the filesystem?... if you answered
> yes, yes, and yes... there's your problem.

Dunno, No, Yes. In that order.

> UFS made the system perform at what felt like 1/10th capacity every
> time I tried it... up until 10.1.

It was 10.1.
Anyway, it's gone now and I'm richer with one more experience.

MacOSX will probably mature even more and faster (and more useful)
machines is going for bargain prices. I don't expect that I will save
money to buy myself a Mac someday, but if it will magically fall into my
lap, I'll probably give it another try.

/Bjorn