FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Aug 20 22:58:26 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 01:37 PM, Mike Meredith wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:38:11 -0700
> N.Miller <vraptor at promessage.com> wrote:
>> (I don't like Safari, the UI doesn't follow the common right-
>> click UI standard that's been adopted *gasp* from Windoze on
>
> Right-clicking may have been adopted from Microsoft but it wasn't
> invented there. I remember right-clicking on things on Symbolics Lisp
> Machines back around '87 or so. Hmm ... might have been
> middle-clicking,
> but it brought up a context-sensitive menu.

Well, sure.  I recall using right click under X windows a long
while before Windoze was even useable (for some $value of
useable :-) as a platform.

It just seems odd, that when Apple is trying to position itself
as an alternative to Windoze (switch campaign) that some things
that would be easy to implement to make the transition easier
aren't there.  Or, at least an option to *configure* the right-
click menu (or maybe that's some AppleScript kung fu I don't
know?).

I guess you can't have everything, but Aqua + Darwin is pretty
damned close.

=Nadine=