[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Daniel de Young daniel at velvetsea.com
Wed Aug 20 22:18:09 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 20:10, Andrew Weiss wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 10:37  AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson
> wrote:
> > 2. My wife's PC, windows me. HP P1000 printer.
> >    Runs MacOS 7.5 for a game she likes, under Basilisk II.
> >
> You would actually admit on this list to letting that pile of filth
> known as Windows ME anywhere into your home?
>
> My god man.... Downgrade[upgrade] to 98 SE or replace with 2000.

My boss (former) bought a computer w/winme on it.  I told him *noway*
it's going on my network.  He said yesway.  So I put it on his desk.

That lasted about 3 days.  Then he asked me to upgrade it to win2k. :-)

In addition to the many wierd things it does/doesn't do... It did this
thing where upon boot, it would go straight to the desktop and then not
ask for the network password until you tried to access a resource.  Of
course this played havoc with things like the internal Exchange/IM
client and other stuff.  It was a total pain in the ass just to boot the
thing up.  heh - whatta joke OS.

-Daniel