[rescue] Gaming rescues :-) (was: GigE)

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Aug 20 14:47:21 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 11:07 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> Irix isn't so good for playing games.  Myself, I find a Dreamcast quite
> nice for games though.  I'm hoping in the near future to be finding a
> Gamecube to be quite nice for games as well.

You will be quite amazed at the GC graphics.  They are so
much better than the PS2, it's quite amazing.  The water
in SuperMario Sunshine and the paint are rendered as
"cartoons", but still have an incredible realism about
them.

I have a GC, a PS 2, PS 1, and Win 98 box for gaming.  I
have some games for the Mac as well.  Most of them are
older, so I have to reboot to OS 9, although WarCraft III
is OS X, but it's a little "heavy" for the Mac Radeon
Edition (PCI) that I have in this box.  Not bad, but not
as good as it might be under AGP.

<obRescue> (Ok, some might argue it's not)
I want to get some older consoles, as I never got to play
some of the classic NES/SNES games (never had the consoles).
Are there a lot of RPGs and platformers for the DreamCast?
</obRescue>

=Nadine=