FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Aug 20 14:28:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > I had that keyboard bug (keyboard input just stops
> > working) under Mozilla 1.4.  Normally happens when
> > you're filling out forms (and always on the last line
> > aaahhhh)
>
> Yep.  It's irritating as hell.  I've found a workaround, though.  It's
> localized to the current window, so if you can open a new window, your
> keyboard comes back (for that window).  Now, if you could drag tabs
> between windows, you'd be set.

 I used to experience that keyboard bug with Netscape 4.x (back when I was
playing with IRIX 6.2).. I'd be filling out a form and I'd lose the input,
but focus and everything would still work.

 I've found that sometimes holding down the middle mouse button will bring
the cursor back and input focus returns, for the duration of that middle
click. YMMV... but maybe the same can be applied to Mozilla 1.4? I've
stopped having that problem since I've upgraded to Mozilla and IRIX 6.5 on
my Indigo2 R10k SolidIMPACT.

---
 Matthew Haas
 Corning/Geneseo, NY