FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Aug 20 13:38:36 CDT 2003

On 2003.08.20 17:40 Dave McGuire wrote:

> Yeah that'd be neat...I just wish Qbus weren't so blasted SLOW.
But possibly faster when Ethernet.

> If they really had to discontinue
> one and keep the other, they should have kept Unibus!
But QBus is much easier to use. ;-(
My Unibus experience is a PDP-11/34A that I killed by reversing the
order of the cards. I documented everything very carefull before
cleaning. But when I reassembled it later, I turned the backplane upside
down. So I filled it with cards begining at slot 9 instead of slot 1.
Power on, lots of magic blue smoke. :-((( The console interface is dead
and the CPU damaged. Fortunately I was able to replace this parts.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen