[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Mike F lists at mikef.dyndns.org
Wed Aug 20 13:35:49 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:11:48 -0400
"Kevin Loch" <kloch at gurunet.net> wrote:
[snip]
> Where are these so-called MSIE-only websites?  I have never seen one.
> What kind of moron would code a site to one specific browser or
> browser version anyway?

I don't know about websites, but the web interface on my el-cheapo
CompUSA 802.11b AP/router/switch only works right with IE or with
Opera set with IE as the browser version. It's got a telnet interface
too, but most of the options are web-only ;-[ I was pulling my hair
out for 2 days trying to configure the thing with Mozilla, with no luck. Then I decided it couldn't hurt to try it with my lone Windows box as a
last resort, and it worked. Knowing that, I tried it out with Opera,
and it worked fine there too.