[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Wed Aug 20 13:01:56 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Hehe. Forgive me for cursing in the church, but I find it more "useful"
> > to run Windows at home. Yes, believe me or not, but I use my machine(s)
> > at home for gaming and websurfing, perhaps listening to music, leeching
> > from Direct Connect (P2P network), and such.
>
>    ...all of which can be done better with a non-Windows box, except for
> playing games.
>
>      ;)

Aaaw come on! You can't say any *NIX browser is rock steady? I use
Incompetent Exploiter for MSIE-only websites at home, whereas Netscape
refuses to display them properly. Other than that, I use WinAMP, watch
DivX-movies and all sorts of things you don't actually do at work. Oh,
and surf pr0n. :-)

I don't find Linux a particular "nice and sleek" desktop operating
system for those kind of tasks.
And no, no noisy power-eating machines into my home. Not until I buy a
house, atleast. :-)

/Bjorn