[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Aug 20 12:56:10 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> "Joshua D. Boyd" wrote:
> >
> > > Definition in this case:
> > >
> > > "Home network" = 2-3 machines at home, with bursts of NFS/SMB traffic
> > > "Company network" = 1000 machines, with contigous bursts and peaks of
> > > NFS/SMB traffic
> >
> > Is that supposed to be the definition of consumer crap home networking,
> > or the definition of home networking for list members?

It looks like it's supposed to be the definition in this case of the two
networks he's dealing with personally. It could also be defined as a
simple reading comprehension test.

If anyone on the list lives in a property zoned residential and has in
excess of nine hundred ninety nine computers networked and operating,
please raise your hand and show a scan of your electric bill. :)

> That's up to you.
> I'm definitly there, others are in between, and some serious ones are
> way above the first definition.

My home network is down to two systems, a router, and a modem. My roommate
got pissy at the increase in the electric bill from a fan and a single
athlon pc. And yes, Dave, I will, in a month or less. My Cycle Quad is
begging for an OS.

--Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com