FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 20 12:45:52 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've actually had that bug with Netscape, Mozilla, etc (even 4.x days).

The Netscape 4 bug that I experienced was different but far more
maddening, and related to Motif.  Netscape would snag the mouse and then
just freeze, so you couldn't do -anything- else in any window.

kill -9 is my friend.  Or, if I didn't have another machine to kill -9
from, the "vulcan death grip" on IRIX DTRT.

> My solution:  alt-1, then alt-2  ( I keep web browers on alt-2).

That hasn't worked for me, so far.

> Its a WM bug AFAIK not a moz/netscape bug.

It's been so long since I've run anything other than WM, that I can't
remember if I've ever seen it under dtwm or 4Dwm.  You might be right.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford