FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 20 12:35:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Kevin wrote:

> Faster than Netscrape 4???  That's hard to believe.
> Netscape 4.79 flies on my Octane but Mozilla 1.4 runs
> like frozen molasses.

Yeah, that's why I was checking to make sure I was still in the right
universe or something.  Really, it's -fast-. They're onto something,
here. :)

> I had that keyboard bug (keyboard input just stops
> working) under Mozilla 1.4.  Normally happens when
> you're filling out forms (and always on the last line
> aaahhhh)

Yep.  It's irritating as hell.  I've found a workaround, though.  It's
localized to the current window, so if you can open a new window, your
keyboard comes back (for that window).  Now, if you could drag tabs
between windows, you'd be set.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford