[rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 20 08:33:53 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> > or OpenBSD/NetBSD on any of the architectures that have migrated to
> > the new bus-address architecture.
> New bus-address architecture? You mean bus_space(9) / bus_dma(9)? AFAIK
> NetBSD is completely bus_spaceified for a long time.

Yes, but, at least on OpenBSD, not all the drivers are.  Both have had
bus_dma around for ages, but there's still some crap in the drivers.

> > I also don't believe they're supported under Solaris.
> DEFPAs? No. But SusKonnect cards are as easy and cheap to get and there
> are Solaris drivers.

Hmmmmmm.  There's an idea.

> > I'm contemplating porting the OpenBSD driver soon, because it doesn't
> > look like too much work.
> Porting to what? IRIX? That would be great.

Uh, no.  Porting to big-endian 64-bit systems like Sparc64 under
OpenBSD.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford