FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Aug 20 04:57:31 CDT 2003

On 2003.08.19 19:59 Paul Weissmann wrote:

> most fiber cables i got have mic-sc, i.e. they are the easiest to
> find, at least here in .de.
??? I must have looked at the wrong places in .de. I was looking for
some time on ebay.de to get more MIC-SC cables. I have only one and four
additional are on the way to me. Most time I have to use MIC-ST and
ST-SC cables and connect them together on the ST ends.

> getting cddi cards is easy, i found them considerable cheaper than
> fddi cards on ebay.
Yes. Unfortunately my concentrator (Hirschmann MC10-03) has no CDDI
ports but my good old Indigo2 R4k has only a CDDI card. So I can't
connet it.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen