FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Wed Aug 20 02:20:31 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire [mcguire at neurotica.com] wrote:

> >>  I believe the spec is for 62.5/125 fiber..
> >
> >Nah, it's specified for different kinds of fiber, including
> >Multi-mode w/ a core-diameter of both 50 and 62.5 microns.
>
>   Ahh, ok, gotcha.  It really seems as though 62.5/125 is the only one
> that caught on for FDDI, though.

Don't know what sign that should be - at least half the fibers
floating around here available are actually 50/125, mostly w/ at
least one MIC-side, which points to FDDI.

I think 62.5/125 was preferred in the USA, 50/125 is more common here
in the old world and also Japan I think.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.