FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Aug 20 02:15:11 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 02:34 AM, Michael Schiller wrote:
> Ok, so is there any chance you can 'lean on' your friend that's going
> to write OSX drivers for the DEFPA? Once I can get drivers for this
> machine then I can switch back to using FDDI for my local network,
> rather than ethernet!

   Well actually he was going to work on SysKonnect drivers, since their
info is readily available, they're still making the cards, and they
have very modern (i.e. 64bit/66MHz) PCI cards.

   I will try to lean on him about it, but it's not likely to help.
Leaning on someone won't increase the number of hours in the day...my
boss' beliefs notwithstanding.

> Oh, is anyone interested in swapping a DEFPA  SAS card (with SC
> connector) for a DAS version (also with SC connectors)?

   I can do that.

       -Dave