FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Bjorn Ramqvist v53278 at g.haggve.se
Wed Aug 20 01:07:52 CDT 2003

vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> > where to get a fddi switch though? (which models to look for?)
>
> There were never many models made.  Look for a DEC GIGAswitch.  It's
> large.  At least a dozen rack U.  Maybe even 20U.  Look on ebay.

Oh, isn't the DECbridge 900EF from the DEChub900 chassies switched? It's
a combined FDDI and Ethernet blade, but it could be that only the
Ethernet ports are switched on that baby.

We have like five or six of those DEChub900 chassies here, three of'em
just recently taken out of production. And yes, I will rescue them.

/Bjorn