FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Wed Aug 20 01:00:42 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire [mcguire at neurotica.com] wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 03:54 PM, Paul Weissmann wrote:
> >>FDDI uses 62.5/125 fiber.
> >
> >and also 50/152, as i'm happily using it here all along, mostly.
>
>   I believe the spec is for 62.5/125 fiber..

Nah, it's specified for different kinds of fiber, including
Multi-mode w/ a core-diameter of both 50 and 62.5 microns.

Don't know what kind of fiber Single-mode requires.

Also, 50/125 fibers w/ 2 MIC-connectors would be quite senseless then
it seems, since FDDI is the only application, at least I know of,
that uses MIC-connectors.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.