FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 19 16:16:30 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> If bridging under Free/Net/OpenBSD between FDDI and FastE, does it
> take care of breaking down the packets due to the larger MTU on FDDI ?

I would ASSume so, but I haven't read up on that.

> I haven't looked at it, but I would think routing would, but I'm not
> sure about the bridging....

Routing definitely does.  I'd suspect that the bridge drivers in *BSD
are that smart.  Only one way to find out (aside from looking it up, of
course).

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford