[rescue] u2 drive trays

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 15:52:01 CDT 2003

--- vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> You should be able to get 100Mbps on ethernet with a hub.
> It just doesn't work.

Well, let me throw my ignorance around - 100 Mb/sec Ethernet means (to
me) that the packets *travel* at that rate, not that the *throughput*
is 100 Mb/sec...

With two loosely co-ordinated systems on a closed network, throughput
should "approach" 100 Mb/sec...

I would imagine token-passing networks with a similar speed would gain
higher throughput, since they are more tightly co-ordinated...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall