[rescue] u2 drive trays

Mike Meredith mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 14:48:39 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:43:38 +0200
Paul Weissmann <paul at doorslam.net> wrote:
> This is quite sad, since netbooting/diskless over FDDI must be quite
> interesting.

Hmm ... yes.

There could have been people doing that with either Digital's native
dhcp server (joind?) or with the ISC server on SVR4.

> Were those patches from you that were posted to that mailing list?

I can't find them in the mailing list archive, so I guess I mailed them
direct to Ted Lemmon. From memory, I got a set of patches for version 1,
which I eventually got working for version 2. Version 3 was sufficiently
different that I couldn't quite get the patches working ... I submitted
them back on the basis that they were pretty close to working and
someone who knew what they were doing wouldn't have to spend much time
getting them to work.