[rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 13:43:38 CDT 2003

Mike Meredith [mike at blackhairy.demon.co.uk] wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:14:32 +0200
> Paul Weissmann <paul at doorslam.net> wrote:
> > the problem is the dhcp client part.
>
> If it's the same problem I saw it'll apply to servers as well ...
> common/bpf.c is interpreting FDDI packets as Ethernet packets.

As said, I think I say the DHCPOFFERs going out fine and travelling
up to the client, where they could be see w/ tcpdump.
dhclient did not like them afterwards though, which very well was the
problem then of BSD's bpf, as you mentioned

> > that was a sign of not many people at all using dhcp over fddi.
>
> Nope. Last real activity was in the days of version 1 when a few
> weirdo's were running the server on Digital Unix boxes (me included).

This is quite sad, since netbooting/diskless over FDDI must be quite
interesting.

Were those patches from you that were posted to that mailing list?

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.