FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 19 13:18:16 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    You need a switch.  It takes serious smarts to bridge between
> Ethernet and FDDI.

This is my primary reason for isolating FDDI to the areas of my network
that really need it:  The backbone between the mail server, web server,
NFS server, and backup server.

By the time I'm done, I hope to have a better-designed network at home
than I do at work.  This has always been the case at previous jobs, but
my current employer is upping the ante. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford