[rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 13:14:32 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire [mcguire at neurotica.com] wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 01:53 PM, Paul Weissmann wrote:
> >are your fddi clients also running netbsd?
>
>   All DHCP clients are on Ethernet, bridged to FDDI by a Catalyst 5000.
>  The Alpha in question is connected to my internal network via FDDI
> only, so those DHCP requests are definitely being handled via the FDDI
> interface.

the problem is the dhcp client part.

in my case, dhclient running on a openbsd/alpha machine connected w/
a defpa did not see the DHCPOFFERs, which came over the fiber
alright, as i saw them w/ tcpdump -i fpa0.

thish was also the problem of the freebsd guy on the isc mailing.

trying to do a ``dhclient fpa0'' resulted actually in a stack smash
on my openbsd machine, discovering a bpf bug in openbsd.
not sure if that bug applies to netbsd too.

that was a sign of not many people at all using dhcp over fddi.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.