[rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 12:39:23 CDT 2003

Jonathan C. Patschke [jp at celestrion.net] wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Paul Weissmann wrote:
>
> > where did the def*a drivers come from originally btw?
> > i mean the bsd drivers?
>
> Origianlly?  I have no idea.  But, according to quite a few people,
> there is a -lot- of documentation on the DEFxA cards.

sadly, not many people are still using defpa cards on openbsd, it
seems.

plus, dhcp support is broken for *bsd using bpf, last time i checked
on isc.

i heard, that some freebsd folk had diffs for that, though.

> > > Are these the FDDI/S 2.0/3.0 cards?
> >
> > yes
>
> Yeah, you'll be looking for drivers for a while.  I'm not sure they're
> even supported in SunOS 5.x.

somebody on this list mentioned he got one of these 2.0/3.0 cards to
work w/ sunfddi >4.0.
i did not find any sunfddi drivers up till now, though ):

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.